Friday, December 10, 2010

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I went to walk the kids out to the bus stop this morning and noticed water running into the street from our yard.  The sprinkler didn't run this morning, so I went to investigate.  We had a water line break leading into the house once before and it looked a lot like that.  Much mucking around in cold icky water followed.  Calling for a sub was inserted into the middle.  Frustrated tears were considered and decided against.  Helpful neighbors came to let me know it was their water I was turning off and not mine (oops).  It's been a long and interesting morning, but looking at the bright side, I think I'll use my extra time today to do a bit of sewing and catch up on RRCB. Step 4 is out and I have yet to finish step 3.  I was going to do it last night after Kurt got home from his trip.  36  hours in transit and counting.  He has to come back eventually, right?  People can't live at an airport indefinitely.  I'm almost sure of it. 

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, poor you, not the sort of thing you want to happen when you're on your own. Have you seen that film 'Terminal' with Tom Hanks?

Amy said...

Oh crapola! Angela----get in front of your machine and relax for a bit; VERY glad Kurt is home to help you through this.

Lindsay Jean said...

Geez, that is some crappy timing. I'm so sorry you're having a difficult time right now. I'm a military spouse, and I know what it's like to have that finish line moved on you...
Be strong! Keep calm and carry on...

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Rotten luck about the water! I hope it's been resolved now. And thank goodness Kurt is finally home!