Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Update 2


I am so excited about all the people jumping in to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge! I wanted to take care of a few housekeeping things before we get started in 2011.

1. I have a list of colors for each month of the year. Would people like to know now so that they can plan or wait to be surprised at the beginning of each new month?

2. I have a list of patterns, ideas and plans which I will to release on a regular basis. I am thinking of posting scrap related inspirations on Saturdays and calling it Scraphappy Saturday. Or maybe Superscrappy Saturday. Some weeks I'll put together a tutorial, and sometimes I'll just post photo or a link to something that has already been done. In any case, you are welcome to use as much or as little of what I post as you like. Feel free to use a different color or a different idea. Remember, no quilt police, no rules, no worries.

3. Please check my list and make sure your name links back to your blog (if you have one). This will help other people visit and see what you are up to. Let me know if you would like to be referred to as something else or if you'd rather not be listed at all.  I hope I haven't left anyone off (gasp), so if you seem to be missing from the list, please let me know.  I'll fix it ASAP!

4. Make sure I have some way to get in touch with you. If you don't have a blog, an e-mail will work. I am getting a few comments that show up as no reply. So Sue P. and Just one More thing, I got your responses but can't reply back to you. 

5. Although I didn't figure out how to do the nifty html blog button thing, several people have let me know that they just copied the picture and then linked it back to the original post.  So if you are joining in, feel free to save the photo and then link back to this post: http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/2010/12/rainbow-scrap-challenge.html.

21 comments:

Melinda said...

I just added the button to my blog and am looking forward to joining in. Add me to your participant list please.

Andra Gayle said...

I would like to join in but probably won't be participating every month. I am finding little time to sew during the school year. I did much better last year, I wonder what the difference is. I will see if I can add the picture and link it. thanks

Amy said...

Heya Angela---looks like you are enjoying your vacation already! I have two more days to trudge through...{{wiping the sweat from my brow}}

Anyway--- I'm actually thinking maybe the color choice would be a nice surprise at the start of every month, so...wait?....but I'm very flexible and on the fence about whether you share the colors ahead of time or not.

And I vote for "Scraphappy Saturday". Sounds super fun!

Thanks for organizing! SO looking forward to a little down time!

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like great fun! I'd love to join in and maybe finish up my scrappy colour blocks quilt.
It might be fun to discover the colour each month! Looking forward to getting rid of some scraps this year...thanks for organizing a chance to focus on it.
I see there is already a Kathy in the group, so maybe list me as Quilter Kathy?

Anonymous said...

I vote for surprise colors - or at least no more warning than the week before the month starts. Knowing now about the blue in January is fine, for instance. But I don't want to plan for the whole year. I want more spontaneity. (Don't add cq4fun - I was working on a different blog, but this is still desertskyquilts)

Amanda said...

I agree with the others, I'd like to know the colours as they come along, otherwise I'll start planning ahead too far and not focus on the current quilt!

Katie Ringo said...

I like surprises! Planning too far ahead gets me in trouble sometimes. I get sidetracked.

I followed this tutorial to make a button on my page (still not happy with the image I made but I have something up now for my Free Pattern Friday postings):
http://www.bloggersentral.com/2009/08/how-to-make-grab-this-linkback-button.html

Happy to have an excuse to make a scrappy rainbow quilt now. Thanks for doing this!

Joanne said...

I would love to jopin in on the challenge but do not have a blog. Can I be a contributor? Joanne H

floribunda said...

Just heard about this and I'd like to join in. As far as colors -- you could give us a list of all the colors you're going to be using and then surprise us each month with which one it is for that month. Thanks!

AnneP said...

Have already chosen my block for the blues and have several done.

Linda said...

Ok, I'm slow but I added the button and it works great. Please sign me up. I've already put it on my blog. I'll try to be on time from now on. I'm looking forward to some scrappy challenges next year! Merry Christmas.

Jessica said...

Can I still join the challenge?

Ellen said...

I just found your blog and would love to join in if it's not too late. I am not too sure how to add the button to my blog but I will give it a try. Thank you for hosting this challenge.

wolf3349 said...

I would love to do your rainbow color quilt.
Please add me to your list.
contact info--wolf3349@atlanticbb.net
Donna

Larrianne said...

I would like to join, please. JanuaryUnicorn@comcast.net

Betty Crump said...

I'd like to do this rainbow challenge.
colormeeblue @ yahoo . com is my e-mail.

Thanks!
Betty

Judee said...

This sounds like something I need to do. I like the idea of choosing by color. Can I still join?
judee

Anonymous said...

If it's not to late to jump in on the Rainbow Challenge, I would love to participate! Thanks so much! ~Tracy

Mad Hatter's Ex said...

What a wonderful idea! Can I sign up?

nanotchka said...

Please add me to your challenge. It sounds like great fun and I certainly have enough scraps to last the year!

Rhonda said...

I think the color being a surprise would be great fun. : )