Sunday, December 5, 2010

Plodding Along

Miraculously, I managed to get everyone to their respective activities today at the appropriate times. They even had all the right stuff. I had a little notebook with lists and phone numbers and gate codes and a car full of presents, snacks, robots and skates.  I wasn't sure it was all possible given the number of time conflicts involved, but with a little help from our OM team mates it all went off without a hitch.  We ended up back home in the afternoon with a couple of extra kids for play dates and then lost Anna when she went to go see a movie with her friend.  Fortunately the kids all think scrambled eggs and toast is a perfectly acceptable dinner, and we had a nice early night. 

I thought I would collapse as soon as the kids were in bed, but I decided to get started on the next step of the mystery quilt instead.  I am forcing myself to include lots of variety in my string blocks, but it is hard to do.  There is a certain safety in white on white or cream on cream.  I'm working in batches of 5 so that I can string piece and still get some blocks finished along the way.  I'm never patient enough to do huge sessions of chain piecing without wanting to see something finished come out the other end.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yup....haven't started this step, nor will be able to any time soon. But I foresee this being a continuous l-e step as the next steps come out. This is definitely a new twist that Bonnie has thrown our way. Was NOT expecting strings....

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to go on the string blocks! They look great!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Way to go on your strings! Pushing outside of the comfort zone is always a good thing. Love the eggs and toast for dinner... Yum!! And yahoo for all the transportation going off without a hitch!

Micki said...

The string blocks are lovely!
Micki