Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Second Christmas Twin

I just pulled Freddie off the frame.  He is the second of my fraternal Christmas twin quilts.  I worked on him in bits and bursts all day.  You know the routine, cut out a border, unload the dishwasher, pin it on, start the laundry.  Ryan had a friend over from the Lego team and they worked on Robots.  Sydney had her last day of basketball and Anna played with a friend.  In the afternoon, the neighborhood kids all started the typical ringing of the doorbell and cruising of the block to see who could play.  The number of kids is one of the things we love about where we live.  This evening we were invited over for cake and punch by another set of neighbors.  It's been a very nice day, and finishing of my last Christmas quilt was the perfect end.  It looks like tomorrow will be all about binding.
I haven't been able to get near my computer all day (who new I would be fighting for screen time with my 9 year old).  It looks like there are lots of new names for the scrap challenge.  If your name isn't coming up on the list yet, it is because you are coming up as no reply.  I can start a no reply list, but the one I have going so far is a list of links that go back to blogs.  Of course you don't have to have a blog to play along, but an e-mail I can reply back to would be good. 

2 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

You did fantastic! I work like that quite often......thank goodness for my timer! Or I would forget to stop sewing and nothing would get done. :)

Deb A said...

Very pretty and you sure do get a lot done! I hear you on the 10-15 minutes of quilting as you can... it is amazing how much you really can get done that way. I did a 90x90 Lady of the Lake in 5 months that way!