Saturday, December 11, 2010

31 Blocks and Whole Lotta Halves

 I spent the morning working on Anna's teddy bear costume for the ice skating show.  I think she has 5 costumes, but this is the only one I was asked to make.  I needed to leave the legs big enough to fit over her ice skates, but I might have gotten a bit carried away.  I can put some elastic in the sleeves, but I'll have to think about what to do with the legs.  It still needs a tummy and some velcro in the back, but I'm not going to get too carried away for an outfit she's going to wear for 10 minutes during each show. 
This afternoon I spent some more time working on RRCB step 3.  These string blocks are taking a REALLY long time.  On the bright side, I did finish with step 4 at ice skating practice this morning, so I feel like I have the rest of the week to work on step 3 and I still won't actually be behind.  Strange logic, but it works for me. 

6 comments:

Barb said...

The teddy bear looks wonderful....

Amy said...

Oh boy....how long is "REALLY long"??? ;0)
Aww well, Christmas vacation is coming soon enough for us to play catch up if needed...

Judy D in WA said...

Anna is an adorable teddy bear. I thinks some elastic in the legs would work as long as she has help putting her costume on.
You string blocks are coming along. How are you set up at practice so you can finish step 4? Do you have a sewing room at the rink?

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great outfit! Good luck with all the strings.

Micki said...

I love her outfit...so cute! I love string blocks, so they should turn out beautifully.
Micki

Candace said...

Anna has an interesting life, first a pioneer, and now a bear. Lucky her mom is creative.